Privacy & Cookies
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) and refers to ping a bottle, accessible from https://www.bluemonday.co.za
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party to this Agreement, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, or equity interest involved
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service. You are responsible at all times to keep usernames and passwords protected and private and confidential
- Website refers to ping a bottle, accessible from https://www.bluemonday.co.za
- Service refers to the Website and Your use of the Website
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service
- Personal Data (also referred to as “your information” in this Agreement) is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit)
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, please be aware that You may not, properly or at all, be able to use our Service or at least some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose:These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal, user-freindly experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose:These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. They / We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see You name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your city, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that Your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, We will notify you and the Information Regulator which is appointed in terms of the POPI Act, and provide all information available in respect thereof.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
We also may limit how We collect, use, and store some of the information of Users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means We will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Service to these users.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility or liability at all and howsoever arising for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By visiting this page on our website: www.bluemonday.co.za/contact
This Cookies Statement explains:
- what cookies are,
- Your choices regarding acceptance of cookies and similar technologies.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file, placed on Your PC, tablet or mobile phone (collectively “Devices” and individually “a Device”) when You visit an online service. Cookies send information back to the originating online service or another online service that recognizes that cookie.
Cookies can be either permanent (persistent cookies) and remain on Your device until You delete or clear them, or temporary (session cookies) where they stay until You close Your browser.
Cookies can also be either first party cookies which are set by the online service You are visiting, or third-party cookies which are set by an online service other than the online service You are visiting.
Cookies help us to do things such as:
- identify Your Device when You use Our Online Services;
- identify which browser You use;
- identify which specific pages You view and the time and date You visited our Online Services;
- remember You when You return;
- provide You with a faster, better, and safer browsing experience;
- keep track of Your preferences;
- provide You with a more personalized experience; and
- measure and analyse traffic patterns and user behaviour on Our Online Services.
We use different types of cookies for different purposes including the following:
- Sign-in and Authentication – to verify Your account, remember You when You sign-in so that You don’t need to keep signing in, and keep You logged in so that You can navigate easily between pages on Our Online Services.
- Your Preferences and Settings – to help us remember Your preferences including Your preferred language, browser settings and communication and opt-out preferences, so that they do not have to be reset each time You return to Our Online Services.
- Performance – to assess the performance of Our Online Services, and to improve the features, functions, content and design of Our Online Services.
- Security – to enable and support Our security features, to keep Your account safe and to help Us combat fraud and any activity on Our Online Services which violates Our policies or applicable law.
3. Cookies and similar technologies used by Us and third parties
We and the third parties that We partner with use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for the technical operation of and proper functioning of Our Online Services, and enable You to register and login, to easily move around Our Online Services, and to access secure areas. Without these cookies Our Online Services won't function properly.
Performance cookies allow Us to collect aggregated and anonymous data on how Our Online Services are used, such as the number of visitors to Our Online Services, how You navigate around and the time spent on Our Online Services and also to identify any errors in functionality. These cookies also help Us to improve the way Our Online Services work by ensuring that You can find what You’re looking for easily, to better understand what You are interested in and to measure the effectiveness of the content of Our Online Services. These cookies may be either permanent or temporary cookies, or first party or third-party cookies.
These cookies help Us to improve and personalize Your browsing experience by storing Your preferences and providing enhanced functionality.
Third Party Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Online Services display content and social media features from third parties including Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “Follow” button and LinkedIn’s “Share” button on Our Online Services. When You visit web pages containing third party content, cookies used by those third parties may track Your use of our Online Services and collect information such as Your IP address and which pages You visit.
Third parties may also use similar technologies to cookies, such as web beacons (clear GIFs embedded on web pages), local shared objects (also known as flash cookies i.e. messages used in Adobe Flash) that are sent from a web server to a web browser and are then stored as a data file in a browser) to help Us to deliver personalised content to You on Our Online Services.
Third party cookies and similar technologies use browsing information collected to do things such as:
- count the number of visitors to Our Online Services;
- identify the web pages You view and the links You click on and other actions You take on those web pages; and
- identify the online service from which You came before arriving at a particular web page.
4. Your Cookie Choices
If You don’t want to receive cookies, or want to adjust Your cookies preferences, most browsers allow You to change Your browser settings to block or delete cookies. Your browser's “help” function will tell You how to do this.
You should be aware that if You block or delete cookies, Our Online Services may not work properly and you may not be able to access the Services or certain areas thereof.
5. Updates to this Cookies Statement
We may update this Cookies Statement at any time. If We do, We will update the “last modified” section at the bottom of this Cookies Statement.
Changes to this Cookies Statement are effective when they are posted on this page.
6. How to contact Us
If You have any queries regarding this Cookies Statement, you may do so:
- By visiting this page on Our website: www.bluemonday.co.za/contact